Cricut Design Space - Cutton Machine
Cricut Design Space is a companion design app needed to create with a Cricut electronic cutting machine. Whether you are a long time Cricut user, a beginner or just thinking about getting a machine, Cricut Design Space is the must-have software you will need to use your Cricut. Below you will find a quick Cricut Design Space get started guide to help you open the box and start creating with your Cricut!.
The Cricut Design Space app is a free app for both iOS and Android. The app provides a variety of templates that are designed for use with Cricut machines. These templates, in turn, can be manipulated and adjusted in order to create a personalized design.
The interface of the Cricut Design Space app is very simple and straightforward to use. The app is divided into five categories, which are Cricut Design Space, “Design Templates”, “Cricut Explore”, “Settings”, and “Help”. The design category contains many different templates which are designed for use with Cricut machines. The design templates are organised into different categories, which are “Everything”, “Makers”, “Floral”, “Wedding”, “Doodle”, and “School”.
What Can You Do with Cricut Design Space?
- Combine pre-designed images and fonts to layout project designs.
- Create and edit pre-made projects.
- Create original designs using simple shapes.
- Design text only layouts using a variety of fonts.
- Design project ideas you have and save them in your Access account.
- Share projects with the Cricut community.
- Customize and create projects designed by other community members.
Download Cricut Design Space for Desktop
- Go to the web version of Design Space at Cricut Design Space. It will give you the option to download the desktop version.
- Click the “Download” button. A new screen will come up with a green “download” button. Click it and the download will begin.
- I have a Mac, but the general idea is the same if you are using a PC. Once the download begins it will be downloaded to the downloads folder.
- Find the download and double click it to open and install it. On a Mac simply drag the icon onto the application folder to install it.
- Once it is installed, you can begin using Design Space by clicking the icon on your desktop (or wherever your computer chose to save it) instead of going to the website.
What is Cricut design space used for?
Cricut Design Space is an application used to create or layout art and text that the Cricut machine can then cut, draw, emboss, etc. You can use images in the design library, or upload your own images.
Features of Cricut Design Space
- Discovering pictures in the collection
- Straightforward editing
- Send Products to the Chopping Board Virtually
- Save projects